Endometriosis-friendly Protein Smoothie.
This is one of my favorite recipes for a high-protein, anti-inflammatory smoothie that may be beneficial for women with hormonal issues such as endometriosis or PCOS. This protein smoothie is endometriosis friendly, loaded with ingredients that are known to be anti-inflammatory and support hormone balance.
Don’t forget to grab a copy of Simple, Healthy Endometriosis-friendly Snacks Ebook.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (such as blueberries or raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 scoop of high-quality protein powder (such as pea protein or collagen powder)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- If the smoothie is too thick, you can add more almond milk or water to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
This smoothie contains a good balance of protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and support hormonal balance. The chia seeds and ground flaxseeds provide omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger are known for their anti-inflammatory effects, while berries add antioxidants and natural sweetness.
Please note that it’s always best to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian to tailor your diet to your specific needs and to ensure it aligns with any existing health conditions or medications you may be taking.