Mindless Eating VS Mindful Eating
Do you know the difference between Mindless Eating VS Mindful Eating? We miss daily habits due to our rigorous routines.
Mindless eating is while you are consuming food while being distracted. Maybe watching TV while eating dinner or working at your desk while having lunch. You may not even remember eating or remember what the food taste like.
- Eating past full & ignoring your body signals (eating too fast). It takes approximately 20 minutes for our brain to signal when we are satisfied/full.
- Eating when emotions tell us to eat (when we are sad, bored or lonely) Ask yourself “Am I really Hungry?
- When you eat alone, at random times and places
- Having foods that are emotionally comforting
- Eating and multitasking
– avoid multitasking, when we are distracted it is harder to listen to our body’s signals
- Considering a meal an end product
Mindful Eating is allowing yourself to be aware of the nutritional benefits of the foods you are eating, using your senses to make choices and learning to be aware of your hunger cues and when you are satisfied.
Below are helpful ways you can incorporate Mindful Eating into your life:
- Listening to your body & stopping when you are full (slow down)
– Sit down while eating
– Chew your food (at least 25 bites)
– Set your fork down between bites
- Eating when out bodies tell us to eat (i.e. stomach growling, low energy, etc.)
– Be able to tell the difference between your body’s hunger signal or emotional triggers
- Eating with others, at set times and places.
– Sit at a table
– Put food on plate/bowl, don’t eat out of containers or with your hands
– Avoiding eating in car
– Stick to a schedule to avoid eating at random times
- Eating foods that are nutritionally healthy
– Avoid having “comfort” foods, sugars, etc. in the house
– Choose health options that have nutritional values
- When eating… JUST EAT
– Listen to your body’s signals
– Focus on just eating
- Considering where the food comes from
– where the food came from, who made it and try connecting with the food
If you are ready to start your new journey and feel your absolute best, schedule your FREE Wellness Discovery Session, to learn how I can help you achieve your goals.
Disclaimer: Any and any information/materials listed on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or medical professional advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking any action. The content of this website or any of its related information/materials is to be used solely at your own discretion, risk and liability. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace a one to one relationship with a qualified healthcare professional.
Season Winter, Inc and this website assume no liability for the use or misuse of information and/or products listed here.