Tips for Dealing with an Endometriosis Flare-Up.
Over the years, dealing with endometriosis flare-ups can be horrible. The symptoms of the flare-up can just knock me off my feet. It took a while for me to learn helpful things to have on hand for when an endometriosis flare-up hits. As an Endometriosis Coach, I love to provide helpful tips for dealing with an endometriosis flare-up to my clients that have worked for me in the past.
Here are some of the things I have used when a flare-up hits.
- Heat. I am pretty sure you all already have your heating pads in a safe place. For me, the heating pad provides comfort as well as a soothing feeling to my lower back and pelvic area. I also use my heated seats in my truck all year long.
- Weighted Blanket – this is a new one for me. I originally started using a weighted blanket to try to relieve my restless legs at night. However, I also found that it offers some pressure that helps me feel a little better during a flare-up.
- Warm/Hot Bath – I love taking a hot bath, it can be so relaxing. One of my favorite things to add to my bath is Earthley Herbal Soothing Bath.
- Ginger – Ginger is great for soothing the stomach. I boil some water, add fresh lemon and a couple of pieces of ginger.
- Body Pillow – using a body pillow or U-Shape pillow helps to provide support to my lower back.
Its also important to focus on your nutrition habits, movement, and stress management.