Top 10 Ways to Boost Your Energy with Endometriosis.
As individuals that suffer from endometriosis, we know how much our energy levels can change. Some days we feel like we can take on the world, while other days leave us to feel like with don’t have enough energy to get out of bed. Below I have composed a list of Top 10 ways to boost your energy with Endometriosis. I have added these tips to my own personal routine to help. While there will still be days that endometriosis rears its ugly head, I have definitely been feeling more energy since incorporating these.
- Balanced meals. What you are fueling your body with is essential for wellness. If you are loading up on processed foods and high sugar, your body isn’t getting the nutrients it needs. It is also causing your blood sugar levels to spike and then crash, which leaves us feeling tired and drained. Focus on creating balanced meals that are nutrient-dense.
- Exercise. Listen I know firsthand, that working out with endometriosis can be challenging. I spent a long time avoiding it. It wasn’t until I become a personal trainer that I really understand how to create exercise plans that worked for my body. When it comes to exercising, we must choose the movement that works for our bodies this way we can get the benefits from it.
- Quality Sleep. Sleep is essential for our mind and body to recover. Take a look at your sleep routine to see if you are getting quality sleep each night.
- Remove the food triggers. Food sensitivity and triggers can cause inflammation in our bodies. When it comes to endometriosis and inflammation, it is important to reduce inflammation as much as possible.
Do you know what foods may be a trigger for you? Contact me to discuss an elimination plan and how it can help identify your triggers.
- Eat. We need food to fuel our bodies. It is essential that you are eating. When you are not consuming the correct amount of calories you can feel tired and drained.
- Protein. Making sure that meals are balanced with the essential macronutrients needed. Protein is one of them. Are you getting protein at every meal?
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration can lead to fatigue and make it harder for you to focus. Aim to drink at least 8- 8oz glasses of clean filtered water per day, adjust as needed if you are exercising.
- Avoid excessive amounts of caffeine. Excessive caffeine or energy can have a negative effect on our bodies. It causing us to have a spike of energy but then crash shortly after.
- Learn to destress. We all know that stress is not good for our bodies. Constant stress can affect us mentally and physically. It is important to find ways to help you deal with stress.
- Positivity. It’s important to make sure that you keep positive energy around you. Negative energy like people or environments can leave us feeling drained. Surround yourself with loved ones that support and lift you up.
I believe that health & wellness is a balance of all the important things: nutrition, movement, sleep, mindset, career, stress management, and lifestyle.
Learn more about my journey as a Long Island Holistic Endometriosis Coach.
Don’t forget to follow up on Instagram.