Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods for Endometriosis.
The most common symptom Endometriosis patients suffer from is PAIN! This pain is often caused by inflammation. Through my own journey with endometriosis, I learned how certain foods can help reduce chronic inflammation. I thought I would share with you the top anti-inflammatory foods for endometriosis. I have added these to my routine.
The first step when starting something new is to develop a plan. Each week plan out what new food you will incorporate. Remember, small, gradual changes are sustainable and easier for the body to adapt to.
Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- Green Leafy vegetables:
Broccoli, spinach, Brussels sprouts, kale, and Swiss chard. These are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that may help reduce inflammation.
- Bok Choy a Chinese cabbage, is a great source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Celery contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Beets that are deep in color are full of antioxidants. They are known to help repair cell damage caused by inflammation. Beets are a great source of magnesium as well.
- Blueberries are a powerhouse. They contain 17 different phytochemicals, including quercetin. Quercetin has anti-inflammation, anti-viral, and immune benefits.
- Pineapple contains quercetin and bromelain. Bromelain is a digestive enzyme that has anti-inflammatory benefits, stimulates digestion, and improves heart health.
- Salmon is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, which are a potent anti-inflammatory substance.
- Bone Broth contains vitamins and minerals that your body can easily absorb.
- Walnuts are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which is its active anti-inflammatory component. A great way to add turmeric is through seasoning your foods or trying a Golden Milk Latte. Check out a great recipe from Minimalist Baker.
“Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.” -Hippocrates
Read more about my personal journey with becoming an Endometriosis Coach.